12 September 2008

Boxes, Boxes Everywhere!

Moving is a very tiring process. Yesterday, 9100 pounds of stuff arrived at my front door, including almost 140 boxes. In about 30 hours of work, I have made it through all but about thirty of those boxes. Some were passed off to the kids to put their stuff away, but the majority of them were left to me. Needless to say, I am exhausted.

I didn't sleep well last night. My legs ached from foot to groin, but of course I was too stubborn to get up in the dark to try to find the Motrin. It was also quite cold. We are just getting accustomed to the swamp cooler in our house (and how to work it). Also, there is often a 20-30 degree difference on a daily basis between the day's high temp and the night's low. It can be near 80 during the day, but you need all your blankets at night.

I am still amazed at this house that the Lord has given us. It is not the same one we thought we were getting with the amazing landscaping in the front, but the inside is the same. We got through the entire lease signing before they realized our house was not ready for us. They switched us with another house whose prospective occupants aren't due to arrive for another week or two, giving enough time for the paint to dry in the other house.

Our front yard here is bare. It is the only house on the whole street with almost no landscaping. I have to admit I am a little sad about that. They are not planning to put anything other than rocks down, so I will either have to plant something myself or get over it.

But the back yard is another story. The other house backed another house, so the two yards faced each other. This house has no houses behind it, so we have a magnificent view of the mountains. I am excited to get my outdoor recliner swing put together tomorrow so I can sit out on my patio and enjoy the mountains. Our yard is huge and has a large tree that shelters the patio areas. We could have wonderful bbq's and parties out here.

My living room is almost finished, and tomorrow I get my furniture for the sitting room. (That's what I'm calling it..... I guess it is really more like a family room and a living room, but I've never had both before!) We used this empty room to house almost all of the boxes. They were stacked nearly floor to ceiling, two rows out on each side of the door way. Now the garage is half filled with boxes that are either empty or filled with packing materials.

And we were able to get our cable/internet set up fairly quickly.... only a day and a half without, even though it felt longer. We are all so spoiled in this high-tech world.

I hope to be able to take pictures shortly, and I have already taken a lot of the mountains. I'll post them soon. But for now I think I'll take a hot bubble bath.

No comments:

April 2005

April 2005
Justin, Kim, Nikki, & Tricia

October 2011

October 2011