21 August 2008

At Peace

The Virginia chapter of my life has officially closed.... for now.

I sit at my husband's laptop in Reading, Pennsylvania..... my fingers have been itching for time and opportunity to sit down and write. This has not been a luxury for me in the past few days as I have been preparing for packers, loaders, and then staying with friends without high-speed internet. My life has been crazy this past week, but in the midst of it I have noticed an incredible peace upon me.

I have been slowly saying goodbye over the past week. Long embraces after last dinners with friends..... waves after church and the picnic that followed. Some have refused to say goodbye... settling for a "see ya later", hoping for our return in three years. And through it all, nearly a single tear from my eyes (except for one dear friend I'll miss the most... you know who you are!)

It has been yet another reminder that we are following God's will for our life. We are walking on this journey with Him, trusting His leading in our lives. There is absolutely no other explanation for how I can say goodbye to so many I love, and be at peace. And not only at peace, but I truly enjoyed my last few hours with each of my dear friends. I didn't wallow or feel sad. I didn't feel dread saying goodbye. I laughed and had fun with these wonderful people.

Our journey has just begun. We are through three states already with many more... and many miles to go. But as I drove along with my beautifully prophetic daughter (Tricia is riding with me as Nikki and Justin are traveling with Dad).... she told me that God told her that there was someone waiting for us in New Mexico.... someone has been praying for us to come and help them with something. She doesn't know any details, but knows that our family is God's answer to someone's prayers in New Mexico. Wow! Isn't that amazing?! I love how God speaks to my 10 year old, and she not only hears Him, but listens for/to Him!

To all my wonderful friends who are reading my blog, thank you for your encouragement (and letting me know you're reading). I am writing for myself, but I love the thought that God is using this forum to speak to others as well. The Lord is amazing and wonderful! I continue to be in awe of how He works in all sorts of circumstances.

My posts may be a little short-- far and few between for awhile, but stay tuned for upcoming updates. I miss you already, but I know we will all be reunited again.... either in this life or the next.

God bless you all!

1 comment:

Jessi Dawn said...

I miss you, too, my dear, sweet friend. It seems unreal to me that the Rozelles drove away today. How can you not still be twenty minutes away? And, yet, you are not. God has moved you away and I wish His greatest blessings on your life.

Love you,
Jess

April 2005

April 2005
Justin, Kim, Nikki, & Tricia

October 2011

October 2011